Twas the night before Barca,
Not one girl could sleep,
The excitement was real,
Let me give you a sneak peak…..
We arrived! Okay, we didn’t get any sleep but we didn’t care – this was going to be the best girls trip ever! WATCH OUT BARCA, THESE BABES ARE COMING FOR YOU…..
Where we stayed…
We stayed in Fira Centric apartments which are super central and the perfect place to stay on a girls trip in Barcelona. Not only are they so spacious (and even have more than enough space for three girls and a. lot. of. clothes) and we had a seriously cool terrace overlooking the city which was a perfect spot for our al fresco breakfasts and sundowners before heading out in the evenings. The apartment had everything we could have needed and more; a fully catered kitchen, TV, a lovely hot shower, two bedrooms and a chic chill out area. Giving you the option for come-dine-in-with me evenings yet also providing the perfect place for a few drinks and a dance around the lounge listening to the music channel before heading out into Barcelona’s bustling night life – Fira Centric apartments has you catered for girls!
Where we ate…
Restaurant La Polpa; if you’re looking for a restaurant that has delicious food, a relaxing but elegant ambiance, such lovely staff and fantastic value for money – then this is your place! I don’t think that a trip to Barcelona is complete without a meal here and anytime I revisit – I will be sure to return for dinner here.
What we did…
Boat tour! One of the many brilliant thing about Barcelona is that you can benefit from both the city life as well as beach vibes, so make the most of being in the Mediterranean! We were looking around for boat tours (as boat days are the best days, right girls!?) and found that Barcelona Boat had great reviews so went for it. The captain, Noah, was so friendly and really looked after us whilst also giving us the freedom to chill out, play our own music through his speakers and use his fridge for our own refreshments. We sailed along the shoreline of Barcelona, which gave another perspective to the city and we sunbathed listening to our favourite tunes; being on Noah’s Arc was honestly the highlight of our trip. BARCA, MADE!
Where we drank…
Some of you may know from reading my previous blog posts, that I HATE lifts… but the problem is, one of my favourite places to enjoy a cocktail or two, are in rooftop bars…. yes that does pose a slight problem. But luckily Hotel Duquesa de Cardona have their rooftop bar on floor 6 which was an easy peasy climb, (even in our wedges). So off we trotted up the stairs and wowza was it worth it! The views over the marina were uh-mazing, the staff were lovely and we ended up chatting to them for a while and the cocktails were what dreams are made of. Girls – this is your sundowner spot!
Where we partied…
Having been to a Pacha nightclub in Spain before, I knew I loved the vibe there so when I saw that there was one in Barcelona, I suggested to my friends we check it out! We caught a very amusing rickshaw from Hotel Duquesa de Cardona to Pacha (that’s one way of getting to a nightclub eh!?) and being three girls in Spain, we somehow managed to get into VIP, yay! So partied the night away behind the DJ booth until the not-so-early hours of the morning. I also love that we were partying the night away – beach side.
What we saw…
There are so many places to go and things to see in Barcelona and unfortunately we didn’t get a chance to do it all (an excuse to return though). But these are some of the things to tick off if you’re heading to Barca…
- Okay so we didn’t actually see the Sagrada Familia and the Park Guell which are two of the main sights, so if you’re there – please go for me as I’m slightly gutted we missed them!
- La Ramblas is a vibrant promenade bustling with shops, markets and human statues and a must-do in Barcelona.
- La Boqueria is a food market just off La Ramblas and has the most appealing food I’ve ever seen – it was a struggle to resist it all! Pick up a beautiful pot of fruit for €1!
- The cathedral is pretty and there are some quirky things to see there….
- The beach is also LUSH – especially for a city beach, this is where Barcelona beats so many other cities!
- The shops are insane and so cheap! We found a little gem called CanCan where we all found something we liked so all walked out feeling chuffed…
- There was a cute park called Parc de la Ciutadella, which is lovely to walk around and just sunbathe if you want a change of scenery from the beach.
- The four Collumns were right next to our Fira Centric apartments so one evening heading back to our apartment, we accidentally stumbled across a beautiful fountain show and later found out that we were at the Magic Fountain of Monjuïc (it reminded me of the Dubai fountain show). Apparently, performances take place at half-hour intervals every weekend, with weekends extended during the summer season!
SO there we have it – a glimpse into our BARCA GALS TRIP! If you’re heading to Barcelona, please let me know if you do anything or see anything that I’ve recommended but more importantly – have the best time and SALUDOS!
*Despite working with some companies featured in this blog, all opinions are my own.
Everything looks like so much fun. Barcelona grows on me each time I read a blog post or see another image of the place. The water surprised me; sea-wise, looked a bit like Fiji in some spots. How gorgeous. Perfect for the Blogging From Paradise brand 😉
It really was great fun! Barcelona is a great place isn’t it!? Thank you for your comment 🙂
I visited Barcelona a few weeks back but we didn’t make it to the beach, I’m now super jealous having seen the colour of the water in your photos! Next time 🙂
Awww the beach was great so next time you visit definitely make time for the beach 🙂 I missed a few things off my Barcelona list too so it just gives us an excuse to go back… 😉